Sam Stoia - Friday, August 07, 2015
How Length of Marriage Factors into Alimony Awards It is a commonly held misconception that marriages lasting more than ten years constitute automatic permanent alimony awards (http://www.stoialaw.com/alimony). Although ten years is by no means short term, it is not a sole determinant that parties can be expected to pay lifetime support to their former spouse. A recent New Jersey case explores how length of mar ..
Sam Stoia - Tuesday, February 10, 2015
In the past few years, family courts have experienced a “grey divorce” (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey_divorce) phenomenon. It may take some research to understand the connotation of this interesting term. On first impression, it would appear to mean that divorce agreements are somewhat ambiguous, or filled with grey areas. In reality, it refers to the ages of divorcing couples. At least one in four divorce ..
- Make Sure Your Premarital Agreement is Actually Enforceable
- This is What Happens When Child Protective Services Becomes Part of Your Divorce
- Do You Really Want the Judge to Divide Up Your Property?
- When "Words Really Do Hurt" and You Need a Restraining Order
- Is There Really Such a Thing as an Amicable Divorce?
- Can You "Bargain" About Entry of a Restraining Order?
- Are Changes On the Way for New Jersey Surrogacy Laws?
- When You Want to File for an At-Fault Divorce
- Parental Alienation: Could You Be Guilty of It?
- What Happens When Men Are Domestic Violence Victims?
high net worth Divorce grey divorce Domestic Violence dissolution of civil union new jersey law civil union Child Custody Child support enforcement Equitable Distribution same-sex couples alimony Child Support Prenuptial Agreement Prenuptial Agreements
- alimony (11)
- Child Custody (7)
- Child Support (7)
- Child support enforcement (1)
- civil union (1)
- dissolution of civil union (1)
- Divorce (16)
- Domestic Violence (3)
- Equitable Distribution (6)
- grey divorce (1)
- high net worth (2)
- new jersey law (8)
- Prenuptial Agreement (2)
- Prenuptial Agreements (1)
- same-sex couples (1)