Sam Stoia - Friday, August 07, 2015
How Length of Marriage Factors into Alimony Awards It is a commonly held misconception that marriages lasting more than ten years constitute automatic permanent alimony awards (http://www.stoialaw.com/alimony). Although ten years is by no means short term, it is not a sole determinant that parties can be expected to pay lifetime support to their former spouse. A recent New Jersey case explores how length of mar ..
Sam Stoia - Tuesday, February 10, 2015
In the past few years, family courts have experienced a “grey divorce” (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey_divorce) phenomenon. It may take some research to understand the connotation of this interesting term. On first impression, it would appear to mean that divorce agreements are somewhat ambiguous, or filled with grey areas. In reality, it refers to the ages of divorcing couples. At least one in four divorce ..
- How in the World Do Divorcing Couples Divide Assets in NJ?
- Child Preference in NJ Custody Cases: What You Need to Know
- Was This Extraordinary Demand for Increased Child Support Approved?
- Domestic Violence and Firearms: What You Need to Know
- When Things Just Get Ugly Leading Up to Divorce
- When Your Sex Life (Or Lack of One) Leads to Divorce
- What Happens When Victims Claim More Acts of Domestic Violence in Court?
- Will Breast Implants Increase Your Chance of Divorce?
- Discover What It Really Takes to Prove Cohabitation
- Want to Know Why Your Divorce is Costing You So Much Money?
high net worth Prenuptial Agreements Divorce Prenuptial Agreement alimony grey divorce Child support enforcement civil union new jersey law same-sex couples Child Custody Equitable Distribution Child Support Domestic Violence dissolution of civil union
- alimony (11)
- Child Custody (7)
- Child Support (7)
- Child support enforcement (1)
- civil union (1)
- dissolution of civil union (1)
- Divorce (16)
- Domestic Violence (3)
- Equitable Distribution (6)
- grey divorce (1)
- high net worth (2)
- new jersey law (8)
- Prenuptial Agreement (2)
- Prenuptial Agreements (1)
- same-sex couples (1)