Sam Stoia - Friday, August 07, 2015
How Length of Marriage Factors into Alimony Awards It is a commonly held misconception that marriages lasting more than ten years constitute automatic permanent alimony awards (http://www.stoialaw.com/alimony). Although ten years is by no means short term, it is not a sole determinant that parties can be expected to pay lifetime support to their former spouse. A recent New Jersey case explores how length of mar ..
Sam Stoia - Tuesday, February 10, 2015
In the past few years, family courts have experienced a “grey divorce” (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey_divorce) phenomenon. It may take some research to understand the connotation of this interesting term. On first impression, it would appear to mean that divorce agreements are somewhat ambiguous, or filled with grey areas. In reality, it refers to the ages of divorcing couples. At least one in four divorce ..
- Divorce and Your Health Insurance: What You Need to Know
- Changing Your Children's School After a Divorce
- Deferred Compensation: How Will It Be Divided When You Split Up?
- Will Your Home Team Break Up After the Super Bowl?
- Worried Your Divorce Will Affect Your Parental Rights?
- Is There Actually Such a Thing as Legal Separation in NJ?
- Domestic Violence and Due Process: What You Need to Know
- Be Prepared: Your First Meeting with a Divorce Lawyer
- How Cheaters Get Caught By Their Spouses
- Can Marijuana Use Impact What Happens With Your Children in a Divorce?
Child Support alimony civil union dissolution of civil union same-sex couples Equitable Distribution grey divorce Child Custody Prenuptial Agreement high net worth Child support enforcement new jersey law Domestic Violence Divorce Prenuptial Agreements
- alimony (11)
- Child Custody (7)
- Child Support (7)
- Child support enforcement (1)
- civil union (1)
- dissolution of civil union (1)
- Divorce (16)
- Domestic Violence (3)
- Equitable Distribution (6)
- grey divorce (1)
- high net worth (2)
- new jersey law (8)
- Prenuptial Agreement (2)
- Prenuptial Agreements (1)
- same-sex couples (1)