Sam Stoia - Friday, August 07, 2015
How Length of Marriage Factors into Alimony Awards It is a commonly held misconception that marriages lasting more than ten years constitute automatic permanent alimony awards (http://www.stoialaw.com/alimony). Although ten years is by no means short term, it is not a sole determinant that parties can be expected to pay lifetime support to their former spouse. A recent New Jersey case explores how length of mar ..
Sam Stoia - Tuesday, February 10, 2015
In the past few years, family courts have experienced a “grey divorce” (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey_divorce) phenomenon. It may take some research to understand the connotation of this interesting term. On first impression, it would appear to mean that divorce agreements are somewhat ambiguous, or filled with grey areas. In reality, it refers to the ages of divorcing couples. At least one in four divorce ..
- Be Prepared: Your First Meeting with a Divorce Lawyer
- How Cheaters Get Caught By Their Spouses
- Can Marijuana Use Impact What Happens With Your Children in a Divorce?
- Child Support Obligations for Disabled Child: An Interesting Case
- How a Parenting/Custody Expert Can Help Your Family
- Court Restricted Parents from Relocating Within NJ: What Now?
- The Struggles of Divorcing Parents: Do They Ever End?
- Appointment of a Guardian ad Litem: What You Need to Know
- New Case on Paying for College Offers an Interesting Perspective
- What Happens if Your Spouse Ignores Your Divorce Complaint?
new jersey law alimony Domestic Violence Child Custody same-sex couples civil union grey divorce Child Support high net worth Divorce Prenuptial Agreement Child support enforcement Equitable Distribution Prenuptial Agreements dissolution of civil union
- alimony (11)
- Child Custody (7)
- Child Support (7)
- Child support enforcement (1)
- civil union (1)
- dissolution of civil union (1)
- Divorce (16)
- Domestic Violence (3)
- Equitable Distribution (6)
- grey divorce (1)
- high net worth (2)
- new jersey law (8)
- Prenuptial Agreement (2)
- Prenuptial Agreements (1)
- same-sex couples (1)