Sam Stoia - Sunday, October 05, 2014
New Jersey Courts enforce properly drafted prenuptial agreements. Significant to the enforceability of a prenuptial agreement is the disclosure of the parties' assets and income at the time of entering into the prenuptial agreement. At the time of a divorce, one party cannot set aside the prenuptial agreement they freely entered into because they are no longer happy with the results. Courts may set aside a prenuptial agr ..
Sam Stoia - Sunday, December 01, 2013
A prenuptial agreement can be a good instrument for parties to establish how their assets, income and other matters will be managed in the event of a divorce. However, if not properly drafted the prenuptial agreement could be set aside and not have the effect the parties intended. If your intention is to save on stress and possible financial drain in the event of a divorce, it's best to retain the services of an attorney w ..
- Make Sure Your Premarital Agreement is Actually Enforceable
- This is What Happens When Child Protective Services Becomes Part of Your Divorce
- Do You Really Want the Judge to Divide Up Your Property?
- When "Words Really Do Hurt" and You Need a Restraining Order
- Is There Really Such a Thing as an Amicable Divorce?
- Can You "Bargain" About Entry of a Restraining Order?
- Are Changes On the Way for New Jersey Surrogacy Laws?
- When You Want to File for an At-Fault Divorce
- Parental Alienation: Could You Be Guilty of It?
- What Happens When Men Are Domestic Violence Victims?
Domestic Violence Child Custody Prenuptial Agreements civil union Prenuptial Agreement Equitable Distribution dissolution of civil union alimony Child Support Divorce grey divorce new jersey law Child support enforcement high net worth same-sex couples
- alimony (11)
- Child Custody (7)
- Child Support (7)
- Child support enforcement (1)
- civil union (1)
- dissolution of civil union (1)
- Divorce (16)
- Domestic Violence (3)
- Equitable Distribution (6)
- grey divorce (1)
- high net worth (2)
- new jersey law (8)
- Prenuptial Agreement (2)
- Prenuptial Agreements (1)
- same-sex couples (1)