Sam Stoia - Tuesday, August 23, 2016
Intentional Economic Abuse (http://stoprelationshipabuse.org/educated/types-of-abuse/economic-abuse/). It’s a term used in a recent unpublished family law decision. You may be wondering what it entails. More importantly, you’ll want to know how it pertains to domestic violence. The matter of C.G. v. E.G. (http://www.judiciary.state.nj.us/decisions/C%20G%20%20v%20%20E%20G%20%20MX.pdf) was decided just last ..
Sam Stoia - Friday, June 19, 2015
It is a local story with national headlines (http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/17/us/new-jersey-officer-shoots-ex-wife/). News that an off-duty New Jersey police officer shot and killed his ex-wife once again brings domestic violence (http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Domestic+Violence) to the forefront. Although the degrees of domestic violence may vary in nature and character, they all represent a common theme. Dome ..
Sam Stoia - Thursday, May 14, 2015
Many question the morality of outside love affairs during marriage. They argue that committed relationships call for fidelity. Others claim that a little adventure and discreet fun is acceptable. However, what happens when one of the parties wishes to put an end to a torrid relationship? Is there any correlation between love affairs and domestic violence claims? A Recent Case History In their unpublished opinio ..
- The Struggles of Divorcing Parents: Do They Ever End?
- Appointment of a Guardian ad Litem: What You Need to Know
- New Case on Paying for College Offers an Interesting Perspective
- What Happens if Your Spouse Ignores Your Divorce Complaint?
- Substance Abuse: The Beginning of the End to Your Marriage?
- Do Dates Matter When It Comes to Equitable Distribution and Alimony?
- Can Science Really Stop You From Ending Your Marriage?
- See What Happened in this Case Involving Cohabitation and Alimony
- You Don't Have to be Married to be a Domestic Violence Victim
- Getting Remarried? What This Divorce Lawyer Wants You to Know
civil union Equitable Distribution same-sex couples Prenuptial Agreements Child Support alimony high net worth Child support enforcement grey divorce Divorce dissolution of civil union Prenuptial Agreement new jersey law Domestic Violence Child Custody
- alimony (11)
- Child Custody (7)
- Child Support (7)
- Child support enforcement (1)
- civil union (1)
- dissolution of civil union (1)
- Divorce (16)
- Domestic Violence (3)
- Equitable Distribution (6)
- grey divorce (1)
- high net worth (2)
- new jersey law (8)
- Prenuptial Agreement (2)
- Prenuptial Agreements (1)
- same-sex couples (1)