Sam Stoia - Tuesday, August 23, 2016
Intentional Economic Abuse (http://stoprelationshipabuse.org/educated/types-of-abuse/economic-abuse/). It’s a term used in a recent unpublished family law decision. You may be wondering what it entails. More importantly, you’ll want to know how it pertains to domestic violence. The matter of C.G. v. E.G. (http://www.judiciary.state.nj.us/decisions/C%20G%20%20v%20%20E%20G%20%20MX.pdf) was decided just last ..
Sam Stoia - Friday, June 19, 2015
It is a local story with national headlines (http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/17/us/new-jersey-officer-shoots-ex-wife/). News that an off-duty New Jersey police officer shot and killed his ex-wife once again brings domestic violence (http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Domestic+Violence) to the forefront. Although the degrees of domestic violence may vary in nature and character, they all represent a common theme. Dome ..
Sam Stoia - Thursday, May 14, 2015
Many question the morality of outside love affairs during marriage. They argue that committed relationships call for fidelity. Others claim that a little adventure and discreet fun is acceptable. However, what happens when one of the parties wishes to put an end to a torrid relationship? Is there any correlation between love affairs and domestic violence claims? A Recent Case History In their unpublished opinio ..
- What in the World Does Domestic Contretemps Mean?
- How to Make Co-Parenting Work for Your Children
- When You Settle Your Divorce Through Voluntary Mediation
- Divorce and Your Health Insurance: What You Need to Know
- Changing Your Children's School After a Divorce
- Deferred Compensation: How Will It Be Divided When You Split Up?
- Will Your Home Team Break Up After the Super Bowl?
- Worried Your Divorce Will Affect Your Parental Rights?
- Is There Actually Such a Thing as Legal Separation in NJ?
- Domestic Violence and Due Process: What You Need to Know
new jersey law Divorce Equitable Distribution high net worth Child Support Child support enforcement Child Custody Prenuptial Agreement dissolution of civil union civil union Prenuptial Agreements Domestic Violence grey divorce alimony same-sex couples
- alimony (11)
- Child Custody (7)
- Child Support (7)
- Child support enforcement (1)
- civil union (1)
- dissolution of civil union (1)
- Divorce (16)
- Domestic Violence (3)
- Equitable Distribution (6)
- grey divorce (1)
- high net worth (2)
- new jersey law (8)
- Prenuptial Agreement (2)
- Prenuptial Agreements (1)
- same-sex couples (1)