Sam Stoia - Tuesday, August 23, 2016
Intentional Economic Abuse (http://stoprelationshipabuse.org/educated/types-of-abuse/economic-abuse/). It’s a term used in a recent unpublished family law decision. You may be wondering what it entails. More importantly, you’ll want to know how it pertains to domestic violence. The matter of C.G. v. E.G. (http://www.judiciary.state.nj.us/decisions/C%20G%20%20v%20%20E%20G%20%20MX.pdf) was decided just last ..
Sam Stoia - Friday, June 19, 2015
It is a local story with national headlines (http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/17/us/new-jersey-officer-shoots-ex-wife/). News that an off-duty New Jersey police officer shot and killed his ex-wife once again brings domestic violence (http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Domestic+Violence) to the forefront. Although the degrees of domestic violence may vary in nature and character, they all represent a common theme. Dome ..
Sam Stoia - Thursday, May 14, 2015
Many question the morality of outside love affairs during marriage. They argue that committed relationships call for fidelity. Others claim that a little adventure and discreet fun is acceptable. However, what happens when one of the parties wishes to put an end to a torrid relationship? Is there any correlation between love affairs and domestic violence claims? A Recent Case History In their unpublished opinio ..
- Be Prepared: Your First Meeting with a Divorce Lawyer
- How Cheaters Get Caught By Their Spouses
- Can Marijuana Use Impact What Happens With Your Children in a Divorce?
- Child Support Obligations for Disabled Child: An Interesting Case
- How a Parenting/Custody Expert Can Help Your Family
- Court Restricted Parents from Relocating Within NJ: What Now?
- The Struggles of Divorcing Parents: Do They Ever End?
- Appointment of a Guardian ad Litem: What You Need to Know
- New Case on Paying for College Offers an Interesting Perspective
- What Happens if Your Spouse Ignores Your Divorce Complaint?
Child support enforcement Child Support Domestic Violence alimony civil union new jersey law high net worth dissolution of civil union grey divorce Equitable Distribution Divorce Prenuptial Agreement Prenuptial Agreements Child Custody same-sex couples
- alimony (11)
- Child Custody (7)
- Child Support (7)
- Child support enforcement (1)
- civil union (1)
- dissolution of civil union (1)
- Divorce (16)
- Domestic Violence (3)
- Equitable Distribution (6)
- grey divorce (1)
- high net worth (2)
- new jersey law (8)
- Prenuptial Agreement (2)
- Prenuptial Agreements (1)
- same-sex couples (1)