Sam Stoia - Tuesday, August 23, 2016
Intentional Economic Abuse (http://stoprelationshipabuse.org/educated/types-of-abuse/economic-abuse/). It’s a term used in a recent unpublished family law decision. You may be wondering what it entails. More importantly, you’ll want to know how it pertains to domestic violence. The matter of C.G. v. E.G. (http://www.judiciary.state.nj.us/decisions/C%20G%20%20v%20%20E%20G%20%20MX.pdf) was decided just last ..
Sam Stoia - Friday, June 19, 2015
It is a local story with national headlines (http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/17/us/new-jersey-officer-shoots-ex-wife/). News that an off-duty New Jersey police officer shot and killed his ex-wife once again brings domestic violence (http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Domestic+Violence) to the forefront. Although the degrees of domestic violence may vary in nature and character, they all represent a common theme. Dome ..
Sam Stoia - Thursday, May 14, 2015
Many question the morality of outside love affairs during marriage. They argue that committed relationships call for fidelity. Others claim that a little adventure and discreet fun is acceptable. However, what happens when one of the parties wishes to put an end to a torrid relationship? Is there any correlation between love affairs and domestic violence claims? A Recent Case History In their unpublished opinio ..
- Want to Know Why Your Divorce is Costing You So Much Money?
- When Property Becomes a Matter of Equitable Distribution
- Never Married Parents and Custody: What You Should Know
- What Happens When It Looks Like Co-Parenting Just Won't Work?
- Still Need to Pay Alimony When You Close Your Business?
- Plain and Not So Simple: Imputing Income for Support
- What the Court Needs to Know When Granting a Restraining Order
- 50 Things You'll Want to Know about Divorce in NJ
- Did this Husband’s Business Have Value as a Premarital Asset?
- Your Children's College Expenses as a Legal Issue
dissolution of civil union new jersey law grey divorce high net worth Child support enforcement Prenuptial Agreements Equitable Distribution Divorce Prenuptial Agreement civil union Child Custody Child Support same-sex couples alimony Domestic Violence
- alimony (11)
- Child Custody (7)
- Child Support (7)
- Child support enforcement (1)
- civil union (1)
- dissolution of civil union (1)
- Divorce (16)
- Domestic Violence (3)
- Equitable Distribution (6)
- grey divorce (1)
- high net worth (2)
- new jersey law (8)
- Prenuptial Agreement (2)
- Prenuptial Agreements (1)
- same-sex couples (1)