High net worth couples often have a portfolio of sophisticated assets, sometimes including businesses and other income producing assets. Consequently, both the value of these assets and how the income they may have yielded contributed to the life style of the parties must be evaluated. In these instances, experts should be retained to appraise and value these assets and income producing resources. Among these experts a forensic accountant should be retained. A forensic accountant can value a business, the net worth of a host of assets and quantify the parties’ life style for the sake of establishing an alimony award. What can make this analysis complicated is if an income producing asset is distributed, then the income of that asset follows the asset and that income from that asset impacts an alimony award. While it’s difficult, a goal is to avoid double dipping so a party who divests their interest in an income producing asset, doesn’t still pay alimony from the income of that asset they no longer have. If your New Jersey divorce attorney has a degree in accounting, vetting through this complicated ordeal can potentially be much less intimidating.
- Be Prepared: Your First Meeting with a Divorce Lawyer
- How Cheaters Get Caught By Their Spouses
- Can Marijuana Use Impact What Happens With Your Children in a Divorce?
- Child Support Obligations for Disabled Child: An Interesting Case
- How a Parenting/Custody Expert Can Help Your Family
- Court Restricted Parents from Relocating Within NJ: What Now?
- The Struggles of Divorcing Parents: Do They Ever End?
- Appointment of a Guardian ad Litem: What You Need to Know
- New Case on Paying for College Offers an Interesting Perspective
- What Happens if Your Spouse Ignores Your Divorce Complaint?
new jersey law grey divorce Child Support alimony Prenuptial Agreements Child support enforcement Divorce same-sex couples high net worth dissolution of civil union Prenuptial Agreement Equitable Distribution Domestic Violence civil union Child Custody
- alimony (11)
- Child Custody (7)
- Child Support (7)
- Child support enforcement (1)
- civil union (1)
- dissolution of civil union (1)
- Divorce (16)
- Domestic Violence (3)
- Equitable Distribution (6)
- grey divorce (1)
- high net worth (2)
- new jersey law (8)
- Prenuptial Agreement (2)
- Prenuptial Agreements (1)
- same-sex couples (1)