High net worth couples often have a portfolio of sophisticated assets, sometimes including businesses and other income producing assets. Consequently, both the value of these assets and how the income they may have yielded contributed to the life style of the parties must be evaluated. In these instances, experts should be retained to appraise and value these assets and income producing resources. Among these experts a forensic accountant should be retained. A forensic accountant can value a business, the net worth of a host of assets and quantify the parties’ life style for the sake of establishing an alimony award. What can make this analysis complicated is if an income producing asset is distributed, then the income of that asset follows the asset and that income from that asset impacts an alimony award. While it’s difficult, a goal is to avoid double dipping so a party who divests their interest in an income producing asset, doesn’t still pay alimony from the income of that asset they no longer have. If your New Jersey divorce attorney has a degree in accounting, vetting through this complicated ordeal can potentially be much less intimidating.
- Can Science Really Stop You From Ending Your Marriage?
- See What Happened in this Case Involving Cohabitation and Alimony
- You Don't Have to be Married to be a Domestic Violence Victim
- Getting Remarried? What This Divorce Lawyer Wants You to Know
- Divorce Mediation: Could It Help End Things Easier?
- When It Looks Like a Change in Circumstances is Self-Created
- Can Your Spouse Legally Spy on You?
- Imputing Income in NJ: What You Need to Know
- What You Need to Avoid in a High-Net-Worth Divorce
- Behind the Scenes of Your Marital Standard of Living
Child Support dissolution of civil union Child Custody new jersey law Child support enforcement grey divorce Prenuptial Agreement civil union alimony same-sex couples Domestic Violence Equitable Distribution Divorce Prenuptial Agreements high net worth
- alimony (11)
- Child Custody (7)
- Child Support (7)
- Child support enforcement (1)
- civil union (1)
- dissolution of civil union (1)
- Divorce (16)
- Domestic Violence (3)
- Equitable Distribution (6)
- grey divorce (1)
- high net worth (2)
- new jersey law (8)
- Prenuptial Agreement (2)
- Prenuptial Agreements (1)
- same-sex couples (1)