High net worth couples often have a portfolio of sophisticated assets, sometimes including businesses and other income producing assets. Consequently, both the value of these assets and how the income they may have yielded contributed to the life style of the parties must be evaluated. In these instances, experts should be retained to appraise and value these assets and income producing resources. Among these experts a forensic accountant should be retained. A forensic accountant can value a business, the net worth of a host of assets and quantify the parties’ life style for the sake of establishing an alimony award. What can make this analysis complicated is if an income producing asset is distributed, then the income of that asset follows the asset and that income from that asset impacts an alimony award. While it’s difficult, a goal is to avoid double dipping so a party who divests their interest in an income producing asset, doesn’t still pay alimony from the income of that asset they no longer have. If your New Jersey divorce attorney has a degree in accounting, vetting through this complicated ordeal can potentially be much less intimidating.
- How in the World Do Divorcing Couples Divide Assets in NJ?
- Child Preference in NJ Custody Cases: What You Need to Know
- Was This Extraordinary Demand for Increased Child Support Approved?
- Domestic Violence and Firearms: What You Need to Know
- When Things Just Get Ugly Leading Up to Divorce
- When Your Sex Life (Or Lack of One) Leads to Divorce
- What Happens When Victims Claim More Acts of Domestic Violence in Court?
- Will Breast Implants Increase Your Chance of Divorce?
- Discover What It Really Takes to Prove Cohabitation
- Want to Know Why Your Divorce is Costing You So Much Money?
Prenuptial Agreements Prenuptial Agreement Domestic Violence Child support enforcement dissolution of civil union high net worth new jersey law Divorce alimony same-sex couples Equitable Distribution grey divorce Child Custody civil union Child Support
- alimony (11)
- Child Custody (7)
- Child Support (7)
- Child support enforcement (1)
- civil union (1)
- dissolution of civil union (1)
- Divorce (16)
- Domestic Violence (3)
- Equitable Distribution (6)
- grey divorce (1)
- high net worth (2)
- new jersey law (8)
- Prenuptial Agreement (2)
- Prenuptial Agreements (1)
- same-sex couples (1)