High net worth couples often have a portfolio of sophisticated assets, sometimes including businesses and other income producing assets. Consequently, both the value of these assets and how the income they may have yielded contributed to the life style of the parties must be evaluated. In these instances, experts should be retained to appraise and value these assets and income producing resources. Among these experts a forensic accountant should be retained. A forensic accountant can value a business, the net worth of a host of assets and quantify the parties’ life style for the sake of establishing an alimony award. What can make this analysis complicated is if an income producing asset is distributed, then the income of that asset follows the asset and that income from that asset impacts an alimony award. While it’s difficult, a goal is to avoid double dipping so a party who divests their interest in an income producing asset, doesn’t still pay alimony from the income of that asset they no longer have. If your New Jersey divorce attorney has a degree in accounting, vetting through this complicated ordeal can potentially be much less intimidating.
- Want to Relocate Your Children? Know This First
- Reinstatement of Dismissed Restraining Order: What You Should Know
- What Happens With Financial Aid When Parents Divorce?
- Divorced Parents and College Tuition
- Taking Your Children Out of the Country After a Divorce
- What Happens When One Parent Pays Children's Health Benefits?
- When You've Had Enough of Your Ex Cyberstalking You
- What Happens to Marital Debt After a Divorce?
- Can You Really Use Social Media to Serve Legal Papers?
- See What Happens When One NJ Parent Wants to Relocate Children
Child Support Prenuptial Agreement same-sex couples Equitable Distribution high net worth Child support enforcement dissolution of civil union Divorce grey divorce new jersey law Domestic Violence civil union Prenuptial Agreements Child Custody alimony
- alimony (11)
- Child Custody (7)
- Child Support (7)
- Child support enforcement (1)
- civil union (1)
- dissolution of civil union (1)
- Divorce (16)
- Domestic Violence (3)
- Equitable Distribution (6)
- grey divorce (1)
- high net worth (2)
- new jersey law (8)
- Prenuptial Agreement (2)
- Prenuptial Agreements (1)
- same-sex couples (1)