The benefit of being the first to file for divorce is that it means you are ahead of the game in having prepared your case. Integral to every divorce case are the economic issues. Of course if the parties have children, custody and child support issues are also integral. With regard to the economic issues, it's beneficial to have organized your financial statements and documents, including copies of mortgage statements, deeds, bank statements, credit card statements, tax returns and the supporting tax documents, documents which would demonstrate whether assets and liabilities were acquired prior to the marriage or during the marriage. Gathering these documents and reviewing them with your attorney helps you set your strategy and negotiating points. This can also result in more readily settling your divorce matter.
- Can Marijuana Use Impact What Happens With Your Children in a Divorce?
- Child Support Obligations for Disabled Child: An Interesting Case
- How a Parenting/Custody Expert Can Help Your Family
- Court Restricted Parents from Relocating Within NJ: What Now?
- The Struggles of Divorcing Parents: Do They Ever End?
- Appointment of a Guardian ad Litem: What You Need to Know
- New Case on Paying for College Offers an Interesting Perspective
- What Happens if Your Spouse Ignores Your Divorce Complaint?
- Substance Abuse: The Beginning of the End to Your Marriage?
- Do Dates Matter When It Comes to Equitable Distribution and Alimony?
new jersey law high net worth dissolution of civil union Child support enforcement alimony Equitable Distribution grey divorce Prenuptial Agreement Prenuptial Agreements Domestic Violence Child Custody Divorce Child Support civil union same-sex couples
- alimony (11)
- Child Custody (7)
- Child Support (7)
- Child support enforcement (1)
- civil union (1)
- dissolution of civil union (1)
- Divorce (16)
- Domestic Violence (3)
- Equitable Distribution (6)
- grey divorce (1)
- high net worth (2)
- new jersey law (8)
- Prenuptial Agreement (2)
- Prenuptial Agreements (1)
- same-sex couples (1)