Sam Stoia - Monday, June 17, 2019
The term equitable distribution may mean little to you. Meanwhile, you should know that it also applies to splitting up debts. No doubt if you’re ending your marriage, you’ll have concerns. How in the world do divorcing couples divide assets in NJ (http://www.stoialaw.com/division-of-property-and-assets)? First and foremost, there’s something you need to know. Equitable distribution sometimes accounts ..
Sam Stoia - Friday, June 14, 2019
It’s an issue raised by both mothers and fathers. Child preference in NJ custody cases concerns many parents. That said, it helps to understand how the court views what children have to say when it comes to parenting plans. First, the most obvious. Like other states, New Jersey law emphasizes the best interests of the children in making custody and parenting time decisions (http://www.stoialaw.com/stoialawblog/t ..
Sam Stoia - Thursday, June 13, 2019
In determining child support awards (http://www.stoialaw.com/child-support), the court reviews many factors. Meanwhile, a change in circumstances sometimes justifies an increase or decrease in payments. Most recently, the court decided a case involving an extraordinary demand for increased child support. You may be interested in learning what made it so outside the norm. Rule 5:6A of the New Jersey Court Rules (https:/ ..
Sam Stoia - Friday, June 07, 2019
As should be expected, the New Jersey courts take domestic violence quite seriously. If you or your spouse owns guns, you may be concerned for more than one reason. Obviously, safety trumps all else. For those who carry firearms as part of their job, domestic violence allegations prove problematic. In a typical scenario, it starts like this. You and your spouse get into a heated argument and exchange loud expletives. I ..
Sam Stoia - Monday, June 03, 2019
At times, people gain the best insight by learning of someone else’s challenges. Meanwhile, just about everyone admits that divorce represents a difficult time. Just how bad it often depends on the parties and their individual circumstances. So, what happens when things just get ugly, leading up to divorce (http://www.stoialaw.com/divorce)? Truth be told, it’s not that uncommon an occurrence. More than one ..
- How in the World Do Divorcing Couples Divide Assets in NJ?
- Child Preference in NJ Custody Cases: What You Need to Know
- Was This Extraordinary Demand for Increased Child Support Approved?
- Domestic Violence and Firearms: What You Need to Know
- When Things Just Get Ugly Leading Up to Divorce
- When Your Sex Life (Or Lack of One) Leads to Divorce
- What Happens When Victims Claim More Acts of Domestic Violence in Court?
- Will Breast Implants Increase Your Chance of Divorce?
- Discover What It Really Takes to Prove Cohabitation
- Want to Know Why Your Divorce is Costing You So Much Money?
grey divorce civil union Prenuptial Agreements Child support enforcement dissolution of civil union alimony Equitable Distribution new jersey law Divorce same-sex couples high net worth Child Support Child Custody Domestic Violence Prenuptial Agreement
- alimony (11)
- Child Custody (7)
- Child Support (7)
- Child support enforcement (1)
- civil union (1)
- dissolution of civil union (1)
- Divorce (16)
- Domestic Violence (3)
- Equitable Distribution (6)
- grey divorce (1)
- high net worth (2)
- new jersey law (8)
- Prenuptial Agreement (2)
- Prenuptial Agreements (1)
- same-sex couples (1)