Sam Stoia - Thursday, February 21, 2019
All types of contracts come with expiration dates. That said, marriage is not one of them. In fact, despite disagreements within the partnership, many couples stay together. Sometimes, it’s for the “sake of the kids” or religious convictions. Meanwhile, you may hesitate to void the marital contract for another reason. Are you concerned about how divorce will impact your health insurance? More than l ..
Sam Stoia - Tuesday, February 19, 2019
Raising children together is hard enough. However, when couples split, the issues become more complicated. Among the decisions may become changing your children’s school after a divorce. The best interests of the children (http://www.stoialaw.com/stoialawblog/the-truth-about-your-children-s-best-interests) remain paramount in determining what happens with them. In fact, NJSA 9:2-4a (https://law.justia.com/codes/n ..
Sam Stoia - Wednesday, February 06, 2019
The decision to divorce comes with more than its share of financial issues. Among other things, you may be confused about the whole point of equitable distribution (http://www.stoialaw.com/division-of-property-and-assets). For one, will your deferred compensation count as marital property and therefore be eligible for division? Many businesses offer deferred compensation as additional incentives for their employees. In ..
- Divorce and Your Health Insurance: What You Need to Know
- Changing Your Children's School After a Divorce
- Deferred Compensation: How Will It Be Divided When You Split Up?
- Will Your Home Team Break Up After the Super Bowl?
- Worried Your Divorce Will Affect Your Parental Rights?
- Is There Actually Such a Thing as Legal Separation in NJ?
- Domestic Violence and Due Process: What You Need to Know
- Be Prepared: Your First Meeting with a Divorce Lawyer
- How Cheaters Get Caught By Their Spouses
- Can Marijuana Use Impact What Happens With Your Children in a Divorce?
new jersey law Prenuptial Agreement Child Support civil union Prenuptial Agreements Domestic Violence dissolution of civil union Divorce Equitable Distribution alimony high net worth same-sex couples Child support enforcement grey divorce Child Custody
- alimony (11)
- Child Custody (7)
- Child Support (7)
- Child support enforcement (1)
- civil union (1)
- dissolution of civil union (1)
- Divorce (16)
- Domestic Violence (3)
- Equitable Distribution (6)
- grey divorce (1)
- high net worth (2)
- new jersey law (8)
- Prenuptial Agreement (2)
- Prenuptial Agreements (1)
- same-sex couples (1)