Sam Stoia - Monday, February 25, 2019
The fact that you’re contemplating divorce undoubtedly represents some amount of despair. However, it also acts like a step to the next part of your life. Throughout the process, you encounter many choices. Among them, is whether you want to let the court make decisions regarding your future. For this reason, many couples elect to settle their divorce through voluntary mediation (http://www.stoialaw.com/stoialawblog/ ..
Sam Stoia - Thursday, February 21, 2019
All types of contracts come with expiration dates. That said, marriage is not one of them. In fact, despite disagreements within the partnership, many couples stay together. Sometimes, it’s for the “sake of the kids” or religious convictions. Meanwhile, you may hesitate to void the marital contract for another reason. Are you concerned about how divorce will impact your health insurance? More than l ..
Sam Stoia - Tuesday, February 19, 2019
Raising children together is hard enough. However, when couples split, the issues become more complicated. Among the decisions may become changing your children’s school after a divorce. The best interests of the children (http://www.stoialaw.com/stoialawblog/the-truth-about-your-children-s-best-interests) remain paramount in determining what happens with them. In fact, NJSA 9:2-4a (https://law.justia.com/codes/n ..
Sam Stoia - Wednesday, February 06, 2019
The decision to divorce comes with more than its share of financial issues. Among other things, you may be confused about the whole point of equitable distribution (http://www.stoialaw.com/division-of-property-and-assets). For one, will your deferred compensation count as marital property and therefore be eligible for division? Many businesses offer deferred compensation as additional incentives for their employees. In ..
- How in the World Do Divorcing Couples Divide Assets in NJ?
- Child Preference in NJ Custody Cases: What You Need to Know
- Was This Extraordinary Demand for Increased Child Support Approved?
- Domestic Violence and Firearms: What You Need to Know
- When Things Just Get Ugly Leading Up to Divorce
- When Your Sex Life (Or Lack of One) Leads to Divorce
- What Happens When Victims Claim More Acts of Domestic Violence in Court?
- Will Breast Implants Increase Your Chance of Divorce?
- Discover What It Really Takes to Prove Cohabitation
- Want to Know Why Your Divorce is Costing You So Much Money?
Child Support high net worth Child support enforcement same-sex couples dissolution of civil union Divorce grey divorce Prenuptial Agreements Prenuptial Agreement Equitable Distribution civil union Domestic Violence Child Custody new jersey law alimony
- alimony (11)
- Child Custody (7)
- Child Support (7)
- Child support enforcement (1)
- civil union (1)
- dissolution of civil union (1)
- Divorce (16)
- Domestic Violence (3)
- Equitable Distribution (6)
- grey divorce (1)
- high net worth (2)
- new jersey law (8)
- Prenuptial Agreement (2)
- Prenuptial Agreements (1)
- same-sex couples (1)