Sam Stoia - Monday, February 25, 2019
The fact that you’re contemplating divorce undoubtedly represents some amount of despair. However, it also acts like a step to the next part of your life. Throughout the process, you encounter many choices. Among them, is whether you want to let the court make decisions regarding your future. For this reason, many couples elect to settle their divorce through voluntary mediation (http://www.stoialaw.com/stoialawblog/ ..
Sam Stoia - Thursday, February 21, 2019
All types of contracts come with expiration dates. That said, marriage is not one of them. In fact, despite disagreements within the partnership, many couples stay together. Sometimes, it’s for the “sake of the kids” or religious convictions. Meanwhile, you may hesitate to void the marital contract for another reason. Are you concerned about how divorce will impact your health insurance? More than l ..
Sam Stoia - Tuesday, February 19, 2019
Raising children together is hard enough. However, when couples split, the issues become more complicated. Among the decisions may become changing your children’s school after a divorce. The best interests of the children (http://www.stoialaw.com/stoialawblog/the-truth-about-your-children-s-best-interests) remain paramount in determining what happens with them. In fact, NJSA 9:2-4a (https://law.justia.com/codes/n ..
Sam Stoia - Wednesday, February 06, 2019
The decision to divorce comes with more than its share of financial issues. Among other things, you may be confused about the whole point of equitable distribution (http://www.stoialaw.com/division-of-property-and-assets). For one, will your deferred compensation count as marital property and therefore be eligible for division? Many businesses offer deferred compensation as additional incentives for their employees. In ..
- Your Children's College Expenses as a Legal Issue
- What Does Overnight Parenting Time Have To Do With Child Support?
- What in the World Does Domestic Contretemps Mean?
- How to Make Co-Parenting Work for Your Children
- When You Settle Your Divorce Through Voluntary Mediation
- Divorce and Your Health Insurance: What You Need to Know
- Changing Your Children's School After a Divorce
- Deferred Compensation: How Will It Be Divided When You Split Up?
- Will Your Home Team Break Up After the Super Bowl?
- Worried Your Divorce Will Affect Your Parental Rights?
grey divorce Equitable Distribution Domestic Violence new jersey law Divorce high net worth alimony civil union Child support enforcement Child Support dissolution of civil union Prenuptial Agreements Child Custody Prenuptial Agreement same-sex couples
- alimony (11)
- Child Custody (7)
- Child Support (7)
- Child support enforcement (1)
- civil union (1)
- dissolution of civil union (1)
- Divorce (16)
- Domestic Violence (3)
- Equitable Distribution (6)
- grey divorce (1)
- high net worth (2)
- new jersey law (8)
- Prenuptial Agreement (2)
- Prenuptial Agreements (1)
- same-sex couples (1)