Sam Stoia - Tuesday, August 21, 2018
It was a fairytale wedding. Everyone raved about the setting, the food, and the spectacular entertainment. Looking back, it was more than a little bit of a charade. When substance abuse becomes a part of a marriage, there’s a real possibility that it is the beginning of the end. The signs were all there, but you chose to ignore them. In fact, you made excuses. It didn’t seem like such a big deal that your h ..
Sam Stoia - Friday, August 17, 2018
For some, it’s a matter of time. Not everyone in a bad marriage feels the need to run out and file a divorce complaint. In fact, a number of people are just content with living separate lives. Meanwhile, at least one New Jersey couple found that dates matter when it comes to equitable distribution and alimony. No doubt you already understand that there are some time considerations when it comes to filing for a d ..
Sam Stoia - Wednesday, August 15, 2018
Marriage advice has been around for decades. For example, take a look at these “helpful hints” excerpted from a January 1956 article of Good Housekeeping magazine (https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/relationships/a32635/business-man-needs-a-good-wife/). In that case, the focus was on directing wives to offer support to their husbands. One can only wonder if such guidance helped limit the number of divorces. ..
Sam Stoia - Monday, August 13, 2018
Getting divorced does not mean it is impossible to find love again. However, new relationships do not necessarily mean a subsequent wedding is in the cards. More and more couples are electing to live together in place of remarriage. So, what is the impact of cohabitation on alimony payments? Just about everyone knows that alimony payments cease once the recipient remarries. However, what about dating relationships? Whe ..
- Worried Your Divorce Will Affect Your Parental Rights?
- Is There Actually Such a Thing as Legal Separation in NJ?
- Domestic Violence and Due Process: What You Need to Know
- Be Prepared: Your First Meeting with a Divorce Lawyer
- How Cheaters Get Caught By Their Spouses
- Can Marijuana Use Impact What Happens With Your Children in a Divorce?
- Child Support Obligations for Disabled Child: An Interesting Case
- How a Parenting/Custody Expert Can Help Your Family
- Court Restricted Parents from Relocating Within NJ: What Now?
- The Struggles of Divorcing Parents: Do They Ever End?
alimony Prenuptial Agreements civil union same-sex couples grey divorce Equitable Distribution Prenuptial Agreement high net worth Child Support Divorce new jersey law Child support enforcement Child Custody Domestic Violence dissolution of civil union
- alimony (11)
- Child Custody (7)
- Child Support (7)
- Child support enforcement (1)
- civil union (1)
- dissolution of civil union (1)
- Divorce (16)
- Domestic Violence (3)
- Equitable Distribution (6)
- grey divorce (1)
- high net worth (2)
- new jersey law (8)
- Prenuptial Agreement (2)
- Prenuptial Agreements (1)
- same-sex couples (1)