Sam Stoia - Tuesday, August 21, 2018
It was a fairytale wedding. Everyone raved about the setting, the food, and the spectacular entertainment. Looking back, it was more than a little bit of a charade. When substance abuse becomes a part of a marriage, there’s a real possibility that it is the beginning of the end. The signs were all there, but you chose to ignore them. In fact, you made excuses. It didn’t seem like such a big deal that your h ..
Sam Stoia - Friday, August 17, 2018
For some, it’s a matter of time. Not everyone in a bad marriage feels the need to run out and file a divorce complaint. In fact, a number of people are just content with living separate lives. Meanwhile, at least one New Jersey couple found that dates matter when it comes to equitable distribution and alimony. No doubt you already understand that there are some time considerations when it comes to filing for a d ..
Sam Stoia - Wednesday, August 15, 2018
Marriage advice has been around for decades. For example, take a look at these “helpful hints” excerpted from a January 1956 article of Good Housekeeping magazine (https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/relationships/a32635/business-man-needs-a-good-wife/). In that case, the focus was on directing wives to offer support to their husbands. One can only wonder if such guidance helped limit the number of divorces. ..
Sam Stoia - Monday, August 13, 2018
Getting divorced does not mean it is impossible to find love again. However, new relationships do not necessarily mean a subsequent wedding is in the cards. More and more couples are electing to live together in place of remarriage. So, what is the impact of cohabitation on alimony payments? Just about everyone knows that alimony payments cease once the recipient remarries. However, what about dating relationships? Whe ..
- The Struggles of Divorcing Parents: Do They Ever End?
- Appointment of a Guardian ad Litem: What You Need to Know
- New Case on Paying for College Offers an Interesting Perspective
- What Happens if Your Spouse Ignores Your Divorce Complaint?
- Substance Abuse: The Beginning of the End to Your Marriage?
- Do Dates Matter When It Comes to Equitable Distribution and Alimony?
- Can Science Really Stop You From Ending Your Marriage?
- See What Happened in this Case Involving Cohabitation and Alimony
- You Don't Have to be Married to be a Domestic Violence Victim
- Getting Remarried? What This Divorce Lawyer Wants You to Know
Child Custody same-sex couples dissolution of civil union civil union high net worth alimony new jersey law Child Support Prenuptial Agreements Equitable Distribution grey divorce Domestic Violence Divorce Child support enforcement Prenuptial Agreement
- alimony (11)
- Child Custody (7)
- Child Support (7)
- Child support enforcement (1)
- civil union (1)
- dissolution of civil union (1)
- Divorce (16)
- Domestic Violence (3)
- Equitable Distribution (6)
- grey divorce (1)
- high net worth (2)
- new jersey law (8)
- Prenuptial Agreement (2)
- Prenuptial Agreements (1)
- same-sex couples (1)