Sam Stoia - Tuesday, August 21, 2018
It was a fairytale wedding. Everyone raved about the setting, the food, and the spectacular entertainment. Looking back, it was more than a little bit of a charade. When substance abuse becomes a part of a marriage, there’s a real possibility that it is the beginning of the end. The signs were all there, but you chose to ignore them. In fact, you made excuses. It didn’t seem like such a big deal that your h ..
Sam Stoia - Friday, August 17, 2018
For some, it’s a matter of time. Not everyone in a bad marriage feels the need to run out and file a divorce complaint. In fact, a number of people are just content with living separate lives. Meanwhile, at least one New Jersey couple found that dates matter when it comes to equitable distribution and alimony. No doubt you already understand that there are some time considerations when it comes to filing for a d ..
Sam Stoia - Wednesday, August 15, 2018
Marriage advice has been around for decades. For example, take a look at these “helpful hints” excerpted from a January 1956 article of Good Housekeeping magazine (https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/relationships/a32635/business-man-needs-a-good-wife/). In that case, the focus was on directing wives to offer support to their husbands. One can only wonder if such guidance helped limit the number of divorces. ..
Sam Stoia - Monday, August 13, 2018
Getting divorced does not mean it is impossible to find love again. However, new relationships do not necessarily mean a subsequent wedding is in the cards. More and more couples are electing to live together in place of remarriage. So, what is the impact of cohabitation on alimony payments? Just about everyone knows that alimony payments cease once the recipient remarries. However, what about dating relationships? Whe ..
- Want to Know Why Your Divorce is Costing You So Much Money?
- When Property Becomes a Matter of Equitable Distribution
- Never Married Parents and Custody: What You Should Know
- What Happens When It Looks Like Co-Parenting Just Won't Work?
- Still Need to Pay Alimony When You Close Your Business?
- Plain and Not So Simple: Imputing Income for Support
- What the Court Needs to Know When Granting a Restraining Order
- 50 Things You'll Want to Know about Divorce in NJ
- Did this Husband’s Business Have Value as a Premarital Asset?
- Your Children's College Expenses as a Legal Issue
alimony new jersey law same-sex couples Child Support Child support enforcement Divorce high net worth Domestic Violence dissolution of civil union civil union grey divorce Prenuptial Agreement Prenuptial Agreements Equitable Distribution Child Custody
- alimony (11)
- Child Custody (7)
- Child Support (7)
- Child support enforcement (1)
- civil union (1)
- dissolution of civil union (1)
- Divorce (16)
- Domestic Violence (3)
- Equitable Distribution (6)
- grey divorce (1)
- high net worth (2)
- new jersey law (8)
- Prenuptial Agreement (2)
- Prenuptial Agreements (1)
- same-sex couples (1)